Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chris Mejia: Affordance Midterm (Process 2)

I started my second affordance process with a polygon cube and wanted to turn it into a landscape
-I turned it into a large slab by scaling it to 50 feet in the X and Y axis, and scaled it to 1/2 a foot in the Z axis
-I then used the lattice tool to divide my slab and to begin deforming the slab.

The first deformation I created was to open up the arch like hallway shown above
-Then I split the polygon on the bottom side of the arched hallway and extruded it to accommodate seating within the hallway
Then, I wanted to make the top of the arched hallway into a looking post of some sort
-so on the opposite side of the seating (on the sloped side of the arch) I extruded the faces in a stair like manner
-I then bridged the stairs in order to give them risers and give them uniformity. (I had to go back and change the divisions to 3)

Finally, I was thinking about more shelter on the open side of my landscape
-so I used a blended bridge and bridged the two faces on the flat part of the slab, using 1 division (I did this 3 times)
-the blended bridge gave me the three large arches that I have.





1 comment:

  1. You need to spend more time on controling your geometries. Use edge loops, bevel edges and the split polygon tool to create definable edges and gestures within the body of the piece. Spend more time sculpting with a rule set. Look at the Chanel Pavillon by Zaha Hadid-the built version- and the work of 3deluxe

    ReplyDelete